Route of administration: For Intra-Vaginal use. Adults and the elderly. Use once a day preferably in the morning for up 14 days (including days of the menstrual cycle) or as directed by the doctor.
• Add two measuring capfuls of the concentrate to the squeeze bottle.
• Fill the squeeze bottle with lukewarm water.
• Screw the applicator to the squeeze bottle and shake gently.
• Carefully insert the applicator high into the vagina without causing discomfort. Expel as much cleansing liquid as possible by gentle pressure on the sides of the squeeze bottle, allowing solution to run freely from the vagina.
• Remove the applicator from the vagina allowing air to enter the squeeze bottle, so that it regains its original shape.
• Re-insert the applicator into the vagina squeezing once again to cleanse the vagina thoroughly.
• Repeat until all the BETADINE® Vaginal Douche has been used.
• Finally rinse away the excess solution from around the vagina with a clean sponge or a flannel. Dry the vaginal area with a clean cloth or paper towel.
• Rinse clean the empty bottle and applicator in warm water and store for future use.
• If you forget to use your medication, use it as soon as you remember unless it's time for the next application. Then follow the original instructions for use
— In single cases acute, generalized, allergic reactions with drop in blood pressure and/or shortness of breath (anaphylactic reactions) have been reported.
— Following uptake of large amounts of Povidone-lodine (e.g., in the treatment of burns), the appearance of additional disorders of electrolyte and serum osmolarity, impairment of renal function with acute renal failure and metabolic acidosis have been described.
— If local irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment. Iodine is absorbed from the vagina and following prolonged use thyroid dysfunction may develop. The product may be spermicidal and should not be used when conception is desired
— If you experience any of the above side effects or any other unusual effects, stop using the product and consult your doctor.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.